How We Protect You
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
1. Personal information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Physical address
- Other information relevant to the information you request
- Credit card information for donations and purchases made through our site.
- Donation information, such as your name, amount of donation, and date of donation.
2. How we collect your personal information
- Personal information you provide
- Information obtained through use of our website
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree (by way of your website browser), the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being viewed. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Information obtained through Squarespace.
3. How we use your personal information
We ask for your information in order to understand your needs and to deliver content that we believe you’ll find valuable.
- We may use the information so that we can deliver the information you request and tailor it to your needs.
- We may use the information to improve our fundraising efforts.
- We may periodically send emails and physical newsletters to share our ministry progress with you and inform you on how you can get involved.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will never sell or lease your information.
4. Security of your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, through using Bloomerang Donor Software and Squarespace.
5. Privacy information for our friends from the EU
Any information that lies underneath the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation is obtained and stored in Bloomerang Donor Management. The following will occur to protect our EU friends, as explained on their website:
- When an EU address is entered on an online form, an opt-in checkbox is displayed.
- All confirmation emails have a link to the manage email preferences page, where constituents may opt in to all, some, or none of the email interests.
- When a user edits a constituent’s email interests, they must enter a reason.
6. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Once you click a link and leave our website, know that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
7. How you can control your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by calling or emailing us.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please call or email us as soon as possible, at the address found on the contact page on our website. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.